It’s that time of year again – wishlist time!
I didn’t share a birthday wishlist last year, as it felt wrong so soon after the riots and looting to share something that is so ‘indulgent’ – I had so many other concerns, issues I was battling, a lot of strain and stress while we cleaned up our warehouse at work and tried to pick back up and carry on with life. For those of you who aren’t in South Africa, or who weren’t very aware of what happened, head HERE to read more about the 2021 South African Unrest.
Our area of Waterfall in KwaZulu Natal was SEVERELY hit – the whole industrial area was hit hard, with storage units and warehouses being set alight, our own warehouse was looted (with my husband and father stuck inside trying to fight out hundreds of looters), and our mall was completely and utterly ransacked, and left damaged and filthy. I won’t get into too much detail as the anniversary for this is just next week and if I’m completely honest, many of us (myself included) are still battling with PTSD from this week last year. The Wikipedia site above doesn’t even begin to describe how devastating and terrifying the event was, and the fact that I’m still battling with nightmares is not fun.
As I ALWAYS mention on these posts: –
This is not a list of all the things I expect for my birthday. It’s a list of beautiful things that have caught my eye or that I’ve been loving for a long time. It’s more a showcase of pretty things and delicious treats that I love – to share with all of you who may be wanting to treat yourselves or someone else you love. To share with you the brands and items that deserve a shout out – especially in this time where living costs are rising and consumers are becoming a lot more selective in their purchases. It’s nice for us to spend time dreamily looking through a list of beautiful things, and it’s a nice distraction from daily stress.
1. Dear Deer Rose Gold Satin Pillow Slips – I already own 4 or 5 other colours of pillow slip, but I now own a beautiful dusty pink sheet with my dark grey duvet, and these rose gold slips would go so beautifully! Dear Deer are honestly the absolute best quality when it comes to satin pillow slips.
2. Hammered Brass Bar Set from Yuppiechef – such a beautiful set of bar and cocktail accessories.
3. Mervyn Gers Glazed Stoneware Dishes from Yuppiechef – how utterly exquisite are these serving bowls? So similar to the glaze on my backsplash behind our stove!
4. Tokyo Green Coffee Press from Poetry – as I’m sure you know, green is not only my favourite colour, it’s our theme in our kitchen too.
5. Maison Champagne Flutes from Woolworths – I need a full set of nice bubbly glasses, as I only have 2 with stems and 2 stemless glasses, and these are so chic.
6. Mellerware Ice Cream Maker from Yuppiechef – I’m a HUGE ice cream fan and would love to make my own.
7. Cut Glass Cocktail Shaker from Superbalist – if you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know I make A LOT of cocktail Reels, and this is just gorgeous for my bar and my Reels.
8. Amanda Jayne Ginger Cake Candle from Superbalist – LOVE spicy scented candles.
9. Jamie Oliver Pizza Stone from Yuppiechef – I’ve been dying for a pizza stone to get that light, crisp base.
10. Glasshouse Party On Candle from Woolworths – not only is the container and lid for this GORGEOUS candle holographic, but it is birthday cake and sprinkles scented!
11. Tortilla Press from Yuppiechef – we make tacos SO often at home, and making your own dough is so easy, but the rolling out is a mission. This will make it SO much faster!
1. Nuxe Bio Organic Hazelnut Replenishing Nourishing Body Oil from Foschini – the Nuxe Bio Organic range is just sublime, and I’d love to try out this body oil.
2. Oh So Heavenly Whipped Cream & Sweet Peaches Hand Cream from Clicks – I love peachy fragrances, so this would be a lovely hand cream.
3. Paco Rabanne Olympéa Eau de Parfum from Foschini – one of my all-time favourite fragrances.
4. Lush Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner – I used to buy this every single winter, and it’s been a few years, so I’d love to get reacquainted.
5. Feel Silki Watermelon AHA & BHA Sugar Body Scrub – I’ve recently tested out 2 Silki serums (review still to come as I’m still using 1), and this body scrub sounds PERFECT for me.
6. Nuxe Simply Prodigieuse Gift Set from Woolworths – these Nuxe gift sets are one of the best treats you can buy yourself or someone else. This one has a candle, a shower gel, a multi-purpose oil and a perfume, all in the decadent Huile Prodigieuse scent.
7. Lush Honey I Washed The Kids Body Spray – this is one of my favourite fragrances from lush, a honey-scented body spray.
8. Skin Creamery Shower Oil from Poetry – I’ve been dying to try out this shower oil since it launched.
9. YSL Black Opium Eau De Parfum from Edgars – another favourite fragrance, this is what I wore on our wedding day.
10. Loving Tan Easy To Reach Back Applicator from Muse Beauty – applying tan to your own back is SO tricky, but this solves that problem!
11. Loving Tan 2 Hour Express Tanner from Muse Beauty – the Loving Tan tanner is on the pricier side, but I’ve used it and it is WELL worth the money, with it’s beautiful olive-toned, natural tan.
1. Optiphi Refine Foliant from their online store – quite literally my all-time favourite exfoliant, this is gentle and EXTREMELY effective!
2. L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Filler Replumping Mask from Foschini – this is a SUPER hydrating and plumping sheet mask that is just so soaked in beautiful serum. I’ve already bought and used several of these and I love it!
3. Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm from Woolworths – an absolute cult product, and one I’ve long had my eye on, as I’m a huge fan of cleansing balms.
4. Lelive Créme De La Cream Moisturiser from Superbalist – I’ve been seeing this brand pop up more and more on social media, and I’m dying to see what all the fuss is about. This sounds divine – a moisturiser for combo skin, with african mahogony, peptides, rose hip, marula, baobab and vitamin E.
5. Lumi Glo The Glo Getter Sheet Mask from Lumi Glo – you all know, I’m an absolute sheet mask junkie, so I’m dying to try the Lumi Glo sheet masks!
6. Nuxe Very Rose Lip Balm from Woolworths – I’m an avid lip balm collector, and have loved and tried so many, including the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm which I’m currently on my 4th jar of. This looks absolutely incredible.
7. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask in Choc Mint from Glow Theory – this has been on my wishlist countless times, as I love all things minty, love chocolate and am dying to try this cult formula.
8. Optiphi Eye Effect from their online store – I am such a huge fan of the Optiphi brand, and have truly loved and repurchased most of my favourite products from them. This eye cream is a fabulous all rounder.
9. La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Serum from Dermastore – being such a sucker for hyaluronic acid serums, and keeping one in constant use in my routine, I am really keen to try this offering from La Roche-Posay, as the brand is known for their quality products.
10. Optiphi Hydra-Derm HA Masque from their online store – a superbly hydrating, soothing & plumping mask that can be used overnight, or even worn as a moisturiser during the day for an intense hydration boost.
11. SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore Cream from Dermastore – I know that the lovely Shan Fourie has been a big fan of this product, and I know it’ll be right up my alley for a night time moisturiser right now with the drier weather, as my skin is just so thirsty.
12. Elizabeth Arden Advanced Ceramide Capsules from Foschini – if you’ve followed me for a while, then you’ll know how much I adore these little capsules and all of the other variants. I’ve grown to be OBSESSED with these Advanced Ceramide Capsules though, as they’re filled with a lusciously thick oil-serum packed with ceramides that plump, moisturise and maintain the skin barrier.
1. Ellips Yellow Smooth & Shiny Hair Vitamins from their online site – I’m a MASSIVE fan of the Ellips brand, especially their capsules, and these yellow ones are fantastic for smoothing hair and keeping it shiny and healthy.
2. John Frieda Violet Crush Intensive Purple Shampoo from Clicks – this is my ULTIMATE purple shampoo, and the one I choose above all others, as it truly tones hair in one use, while leaving it soft and manageable.
3. Goldwell Elixir Versatile Oil Treatment – I can’t find a proper link for this one, as I cannot find it stocked on any of my usual sites, but my hair dresser keeps it in constant stock in her salon. The most fabulous oil treatment I have ever used.
4. L’Oreal Elvive Dream Lengths Wonder Water from Foschini – I’ve been seeing loads of fantastic reviews of this liquid conditioner and I’m dying to try it.
5. Goldwell Rich Repair 60sec Treatment Mask from Retailbox – absolutely adore this rich hair mask from Goldwell.
6. Kristin Ess Hair Reconstructive Moisture Mask from Clicks – I’m a sucker for hair masks, as I use one at least once a week, and I’ve been hearing great things about the Kristin Ess brand.
7. L’Oreal Elvive Dream Lengths Heat Mask from Foschini – this once-off, super intensive hair mask sounds like a lovely treat.
8. Goldwell Just Smooth Sleek Perfection Thermal Spray Serum from Retailbox – I’ve become crazy for this heat protectant that also smooths hair and helps prevent frizz from humidity (a real problem here in Durbs). This lasts forever as well, as I use it every time I heat style my hair, and my current bottle is only just running out – and I got given that for Christmas!
1. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette from Muse Beauty – I’ve yet to try the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders, but I’ve heard they’re the trick to making you look like you have this beautiful ethereal glow, and I’m so dying to try them out.
2. Real Techniques Flawless Base Set from Clicks – the Real Techniques brushes are some of the best, and these sets are such great value for money.
3. Chanel Les Beiges Sheer Healthy Glow Highlighting Fluid from Woolworths – I already own the big tub of creamy bronzer from Chanel, and am obsessed with it, so I’d love this stunning multi-use highlighter fluid to add to my collection. I’m crazy for Chanel!
4. Fenty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in Trophy Wife from Edgars – this shade looks so golden, but I’m telling you, when the makeup artist applied it to me cheekbones at the Fenty event, I FELL IN LOVE. I had SO many compliments when I went out that night too!
5. Catrice Shape & Define Contour Stick from House Of Cosmetics – I love cream face products and these sticks look so easy to use.
6. Benefit Hoola Glow Shimmer Bronzer from Superbalist – I’ve loved the OG Hoola bronzer for many, many years, and this new glowy version looks so pretty.
7. Revlon Colorstay Maverick Eyeshadow Palette from Foschini – warm browns, bronzes and golds, all of my favourite eye shadow colours in one compact little palette.
8. By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon from Metropolitan Cosmetics – I am literally scraping the last bits of this eyeshadow stick out with a cotton bud! The most PERFECT bronze shade I’ve ever used, it applies smoothly, dries down and does. not. budge.
9. Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmorise in Pillow Talk from Muse Beauty – I honestly reach more for cream or stick eyeshadows these days, and this colour is just right up my alley.
10. Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk On The Go set from Muse Beauty – a full size eyeshadow stick in the same colour as the above pot, a travel size mascara, a travel size lipstick and a travel size lip cheat in this cult shade from Charlotte Tilbury. Such a fantastic way of trying out multiple products!
11. Elizabeth Arden Grand Entrance Mascara from Edgars – the BEST mascara I’ve ever used, I treated myself to a tube over Christmas and I’d love another.
1. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Madison True Faves from Superbalist – I have ALWAYS wanted a white pair of Converse, as they go with literally everything.
3. Soft Check Scarf from Woolworths – I can’t find a link online for this scarf anymore, but I just saw it in our local branch, still in stock. It’s so soft and fluffy!
4. Witchery Cross Front Knit from Woolworths – how absolutely stunning is this black shirt?
5. Pompom Beanie from Woolworths – I can’t find the link for this online anymore, but I know it’s still in stores. So cute!
6. Bena Woman Travel Track Set in Black from their online site – I love a track set that I can wear when travelling, or lounging at home, and these look so chic.
7. Superga x KBT Leopard Print Sneakers from their online store – I love Tori from KBT, and her whole collection with Superga is gorgeous. But these leopard print sneakers are just SO me.
8. Goldfish Jewellery Sterling Silver Claddagh Ring from their online site – I’ve always wanted a claddagh ring, and we’ve been looking for one for a long time. These are beautiful, and come either gold or rose gold plated too.
9. Tan Leather Wallet from Poetry – I can’t find the link for this specific wallet on the Poetry site anymore, but I’ve linked a similar one. I’m on the hunt for a proper leather, tan wallet with enough card slots for my many loyalty cards.
10. Nike Court Legacy Next Nature Sneakers from Superbalist – I’m a big fan of sneakers, and I wear them most days, and these black and white ones from Nike are so simple, yet so smart.
1. Don Julio Reposado from Barkeeper – Barkeeper have some fantastic prices on their products, and this is a great price for Don Julio. Plus, I just love this tequila.
2. Pienaar & Sons Ugly Negroni from their online store – I’ve seen Jean Harkett enjoying this cute little pre-mixed cocktail and would absolutely love to get my hands on some.
3. De Grendel Rubaiyat Blend from their online store – an absolutely exquisite red wine, we enjoyed this recently over a long weekend when my sister came to visit, and it is so delicious.
4. La Motte Pierneef Syrah Viognier blend from Woolworths – we tasted this on our trip to the Cape last year, and it is sensationally good.
5. Cape Collectives Aye Aye Rosé from Cybercellar – we’ve bought a number of the Cape Collectives wines already and thoroughly loved them all, so I’d love to try the rosé.
6. Benriach 12YO Single Malt Whisky from Makro – I recently attended the KZN launch of Benriach in South Africa and it is absolutely delicious.
7. Dullstroom Cinna-Gin from their online store – I love trying new gins, and have already previously loved the other 2 gins on offer from Dullstroom Gin. This sounds like the ideal winter sip!
8. Steenberg Chardonnay Brut MCC from Woolworths – I love bubbles, and I love Chardonnay. I also love Steenberg!
9. De Grendel Three Spades Cider from their online store – we splurged on some of this earlier this year, and let me tell you, this is probably the most luxurious cider I’ve ever tasted. It has an almost sparkling wine type flavour and comes in the most exquisite bottles.
10. Woodford Reserve from Takealot – it’s no secret that I love bourbon, and that Woodford Reserve is my forever love when it comes to this beautiful spirit.
1. Lakrids by Bülow Salt & Caramel Liquorice from their online site – I tasted samples of this luxury liquorice last year and I’m so hooked!
2. Cape Herb & Spice Caribbean Jerk Rub from Yuppiechef – I really love trying new seasonings, and Rayne from Make It Rayne has so influenced this.
3. M & M’s Salted Caramel from Tasko Sweets Online – we used to find these all over grocery stores, but they were limited edition, and my absolute favourite.
4. Terry’s Chocolate Orange from Tasko Sweets Online – the best chocolate you will ever eat.
5. Lotus Biscoff Spread from Tasko Sweets Online – this stuff is heavenly, try a teaspoonful in your oats in the morning!
6. Terbodore Rainbow Unicorn Cookies from Yuppiechef – anything rainbow or unicorn and I’m in!
7. MaMere Confections Golden Sugar from Yuppiechef – this would be so beautiful for baking or for the rims of cocktail glasses.
8. Becky’s Soft Liquorice Balls from Tasko Sweets Online – I’ve bought these from our local Spar and Dischem before and they are divine!