Am I the only person who gets SUPER excited for their birthday? I’m in my 30’s and I totally revel in birthday celebrations with childish delight. Ridiculous? Perhaps, especially since I’m turning 33 this year. And yet I will always enjoy it, and will continue creating birthday wishlists! I love reading other people’s wishlists, and I love creating them myself.
- I do not expect everything in these images. This is a lust-list of things I’ve had my beady little eye on.
- I do not even expect one thing from these images – I have no expectations for my birthday, nor am I trying to ‘hint’ to anyone what I’d like. These posts are merely so that I can create a list to keep tabs on for future purchases, and because I love reading other people’s lists.
Without further ado, let’s get into it!
FASHION & ACCESSORIES
- Ruff Tung Sequin Tuxedo Jacket – how unbelievably gorgeous is this jacket? The cut, the sequins, just EVERYTHING! I love rocking all black, and this would just amp up the look.
- PCD 13-Inch Laptop Case – I’ve had my eye on the Perfectly Customized Daily site for some time. I badly need to get a laptop case, as my little 13-inch laptop goes pretty much everywhere with me. This would be so cute with my initials on!
- By Cara Gold plated midi hing hoops – I already own a beautiful crescent necklace from By Cara that I adore, and I’m getting more and more into earrings. These are stunning.
- PCD Large Vanity – I have so many different little cosmetic bags, but with the amount of travelling we do I really need to get my hands on a good vanity bag that I can pop all of my skin and body care into.
- Superga leopard print sneakers – I swear I have a pair of Supergas on every single wishlist! They’re the most comfy sneakers and they are so beautiful too.
- Texas Long Sleeve Kimono – Another gorgeous winter clothing item. I absolutely adore this, and could see myself wearing it in SO many different ways. If you haven’t checked out Superbalist’s clothing lately, please go and check out their ladies jackets online – they have a fabulous selection of styles, colours and cuts.
- Typo TSA small suitcase – I actually really need a small suitcase for weekends away, and I love the black and white marble pattern on this gorgeous hard case from Typo.
- Forever New Jamie 15-Inch Laptop Bag – Once again, I need a bag that can keep my laptop safe and sound. Not only will this bag fit both my laptop and my charger cable, but it can double as a handbag too!
- Ofra Glazed Donut highlighter – this highlighter collab with Nikkie Tutorials has been on my wishlist for AGES. It’s the exact shade I’m always looking for, and I have heard amazing things about the formula.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Highlighter – I’ve become highlighter crazy if you can tell! I’ve managed to work my way through 2 whole highlighters and am on the hunt for more in my collection.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place makeup in Sand – my most holy grail of holy grail foundation, I only have a quarter of a bottle left and need a new one!
- NYX Professional Makeup Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake – I say this shade of the Butter Gloss, but truthfully any nudey shades like Tiramisu or Creme Brulee would be amazing too. I used to own this shade and Tiramisu, and they grew legs and disappeared out of my collection! Non-sticky formula, gorgeous colours and so buttery and comfortable on the lips.
- Becca Be A Light face palette – can we just take a moment to be grateful for Muse Beauty? They stock so many wonderful brands and products that we don’t get here in SA! This face palette has been on my lust-list ever since I saw my beautiful friend Sara of Glamhouse using it.
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Contour Wand – I’ve recently started LOVING a cream contour, and I’ve seen so many international YouTubers rave about how good this Charlotte Tilbury one is.
- Benefit Cheekleaders Bronze Squad palette – Benefit Hoola bronzer is my all-time favourite bronzer. So to get a palette with 2 shades of Hoola, 2 blushes and a highlighter would be AH-MAZING! I prefer the bronze palette to their pinker one, as I find this is more versatile.
- IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream Matte – I’ve always heard amazing things about the original formula of this CC+ Cream, yet always assumed it would be too glowy for my combo skin. Now that there is a matte offering, I’m so in!
- Filorga Flash-Nude Powder – I was so impressed by the formula of the Filorga Flash-Nude Fluid foundation that I recently bought a new bottle (I had POWERED through my first one that I was gifted). But truthfully at heart I am a powder lover, as it sets your makeup in place, prevents shine and allows for a smoother blending of powder products such as bronzer, blush and highlighter on top. This one sounds superb!
- Xtreme Lashes Lash Densifying Liquid Eyeliner – you all know by now that I’m a massive fan of the Xtreme Lashes brand, as I’ve been having their lash extensions applied the entire year. I haven’t, however, reached for a liquid liner – I’m afraid of compromising the longevity of my extensions – so to own one that is extension compatible would be amazing.
- Elizabeth Arden High Performance Blurring Loose Powder – I’ve read some great reviews of this powder, and with ‘blurring’ in the title, you know for sure I want to get my hands on some.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette – I have been itching to try the Ambient Lighting powders for so so long it hurts. The palette might be more than a single, but this way I’d get to try out several shades. They’re an all-over face powder that gives you the most flawless, fresh skin.
HOME & LIFESTYLE
- Hello Jane harry potter coasters – I would LOVE these along our bar in our new home. They’re so cute!
- Diptyque Ambre coloured candle – I love the sound of this rich scent, and the jar is so beautiful.
- Best Beauty Buys Diva ring light – I’m on the hunt for a good ring light so that I can film and take photos any time of day. Yes, natural light is always best, but as I work a full time job, I don’t often have time to film during the week. I assume this one is a bit more basic, as the price is insanely low, but I’m just starting out with one.
- Urchin Art matte charcoal dinner plates – I’m crazy about matte black or dark grey dinnerware, and this set on Superbalist is BEAUTIFUL.
- Typo Friends mug – I am an avid Friends fan (who isn’t though), and this Central Perk mug would fit in my collection so perfectly.
- Cape Island Clifton Beach candle – I’ve had this on my wishlist ever since I saw the ladies on All Dolled Up mention it. Beautiful!
- Diptyque Eucalyptus candle – I love the fresh smell of eucalyptus, and I have wanted to own a Diptyque candle for so so long.
- Broadcast Lighting 18-inch Bi-Colour Ring Light – a much more high-tech version of the first one, this light sounds like it’ll basically film the video for you too haha! I love that it comes with the stand, a mount for your phone or camera, and that you can adjust both brightness and temperature.
- Typo Harry Potter printed throw – yes, I am a Harry Potter nut. I adore this!
- Clinique Moisture Surge 72-hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator – my precious jar of this gel-cream is pretty much done (I have like, one use left). I ALWAYS keep one of these babies in stock, as it’s a godsend when my skin gets super dehydrated, and makeup looks so beautiful and fresh on top.
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum – all I’ve tried of this bestselling serum is a small sample bottle, which is just not enough to show real results. I’d love to finally try out the full size – it must be world-famous for a reason!
- Skin Creamery Essentials bag – I have previously used up a full size of the Everyday Cream and loved it (more for my body than face, but I like that you can use it for both and it wasn’t overly greasy on my face). This kit contains the Everyday Cream, the Oil-Milk Cleanser (I’ve long wanted to try this), the Hydrating Oil and a facial cloth, all in a beautiful roll-up bag.
- Filorga NCTF Essence – I’ve started really loving using an essence in my skincare routine. You use it as you would a toner (after cleansing, before serum and/or moisturiser), and it is just a wonderful addition that helps prepare your skin for any other skincare you’ll be applying. Filorga has fast become one of my top skincare brands, and this NCTF essence sounds sublime, providing hydration and radiance.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate – I have gone through 2 bottles of this beautiful facial oil in the past, and loved how lightweight it was, yet super nourishing. It left my skin so radiant and glowy the following day and even helped heal marks left from spots.
- Optiphi Intense HA Infinity Serum – I recently experienced an Optiphi facial that was so sublime I’m already craving another one. I am always on the lookout for hydrating serums, and after the success of their beautiful Hydra-Derm HA Masque, I’d love to try this serum.
- Codage Scrubbing Cream – I had a deluxe travel size of this face scrub, and it is officially the best I have ever used. You massage it into your skin until all the cream has absorbed and only the scrubby bits are left, and then rinse it off. Your skin is left baby-bum soft and so glowy.
- Lamelle Corrective HA + serum – another hydrating serum that I’ve had on my wishlist is this beautiful little bottle from Lamelle. I’ve never tried anything from the brand, but plan on doing so and soon.
- Glamglow Gentlebubble Daily Conditioning Cleanser – as much as I love the look and smell of Glamglow products, I’m always nervous to put them on my sensitive skin. This cleanser is designed for folks like me, as it’s gentle, soap free and SLES-free. Plus – that packaging!
- Huxley Deep Cleansing Foam – I received a sample of this with a Dermastore order a few months ago, and saved it for a weekend away (I love taking sample sachets and tubes with when I travel). It leaves your skin SO clean and yet it doesn’t strip it at all.
- Pixi Vitamin C Tonic – as you know I already adore the Glow Tonic from Pixi (and I’m testing the whole Glow range right now, so keep your eyes peeled). I’m always looking for great vitamin C products to use, so this toner version would be lovely.
- By Terry Baume de Rose – I have previously used up a mini of this luxurious lip balm, and am just itching for a new one. It’s the most deliciously pampering balm with a gentle hint of rose. I love that thanks to Metropolitan Cosmetics, we have a way of buying By Terry products without having to import them ourselves!
- Esse Cream Mask – I adore Esse skincare, and have never actually owned one of their masks. Time to remedy that with this creamy, hydrating mask.
- Skin Republic Retinol Hydrogel under eye patches – I love the Skin Republic sheet masks and their eye masks, so I’d love to try the latest, anti-ageing ones!
- Glamglow Glowlace sheetmask – I love sheet masks. I love lace. I love anything hydrating and radiance-boosting. This scores on all 3 counts! So Insta-worthy too.
BODYCARE & HEALTH
- QMS Medicosmetics Handcare – when I had a QMS facial, they used this beautiful hand cream for a hand massage. I ended up buying a tube for my mom, who absolutely loved it. With my hands being like a desert, I’d love one for myself.
- JS Health Hair + Energy supplements from Vitagirl SA – I’ve noticed that my hair is becoming a little thinner around my hairline. This, plus a lack of energy overall has lead me to find the JS Health supplements. I’d love to try the whole range, but for now this is top of my list.
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream All Over Miracle Oil – in the last year I’ve become obsessed with body oils, and this gorgeous offering from Elizabeth Arden has been on my to-try list for a while now.
- Loving Tan 2 HR Express Deluxe Bronzing Mousse – I have used up 2 bottles of this in the Ultra Dark (one ordered from Australia, one from Muse), and to be honest it really is as amazing as everyone says.
- Lush Yog Nog bath bomb – the Yog Nog fragrance is one of my favourites from Lush, as it’s such a Christmas smell. Spicy, creamy and utterly delicious.
- Lush Ro’s Argan body conditioner – an in shower moisturiser like no other, the smell of this is so luxe. It’s the perfect product for winter, and something I’d slather myself in daily if I could.
- Chanel Coco Mademoiselle EDP – this fragrance has been on my list for ages. It’s bold, sophisticated and fresh, with notes of orange, jasmine and rose. I love a luxury fragrance, and this is at the top of my list.
- Cake Velveteen Hand Cream – I am a crazy person for the Cake Beauty dry shampoo, and would really love to try out this decadent-sounding hand cream.
FOOD & DRINK
- Inverroche Blackstrap Rum – Inverroche make some of the best gins on the market, so you can imagine I’d be keen to see what their rum is like.
- D’Urban Scarlett Gin – I tasted this gin for the first time at the Steak & Grill lunch I enjoyed, and it is so delicious. I plan on adding it to my collection!
- Chrissy Teigen ‘Cravings’ – yes, this book has been on my list before, but I tried one of the recipes from it (bacon meatballs OMG) and I really would love the full book!
- Lindt Raspberry Intense – to be honest, any and all chocolate is appreciated, but you just cannot beat Lindt.
- Six Dogs Distillery Karoo gin – I tried this gin at one of the tasting shows we’ve been to over the past couple of years. It is absolutely delicious, and the packaging is exquisite.
- Inverroche Limestone Rum – yes, another of the Inverroche rums, but I would love to try either of them. This 10 year old rum sounds incredible.
*DISCLAIMER – this post was in collaboration with Superbalist. All choices and opinions are honest and my own.