I am so excited! Tomorrow morning (pretty much at the crack of dawn too) I’m off on a long weekend trip to Cape Town! I live in sunny and HUMID Durban, and my sister lives in Cape Town, where she’s studying dance, and we sometimes go months without seeing each other. This is her final year there, as she finishes her four year degree at the end of 2016, and will probably be jet-setting overseas at the beginning of next year. I really don’t get the chance to see her as often as I’d like, and I’m working a bit of work in so that I can be there for four days.
I’ve done part of my packing, due to the fact that I have a late class tonight after work, and the last thing I’m going to want to do is spend ages packing.
I battle with my skin when I travel, as it reacts to the environment on the plane, as well as the climate change. Every time I go to Cape Town, my skin is irritated, red, dry and breaks out because of this. So this time, I’ve packed anything I might need to ensure my skin stays as it is – relatively normal at the moment, due to me keeping a good routine.
1 + 2. Obviously my toothbrush and toothpaste are a given. I usually use the Colgate Optic White Instant White, but I finished my last tube, and after visiting three stores, I gave up and grabbed the Sparkling White version. The toothbrush is actually an Optic White sonic toothbrush.
3. Instead of packing one of my larger sized tubs of body lotion, I’m taking my Soap and Glory The Daily Smooth body butter in a mini travel version that I got in my international box swop, that you can read about HERE. This stuff smells amazing, and does a fantastic job.
4. My Woolworths Coconut and Lime shower gel, that I bought for R25 on their quality sale, smells fresh and delicious, and the bottle is a small enough size to pack in my toiletry bag.
5. Lush Black Stockings – a tinted body bar that gives your legs some colour and shimmer, so they look tanned even when they’re not! I’ve had this bar for ages, use it often, and I’ve barely made a dent in it. I popped it into a ziploc bag, so if it by some chance does get warm and melt a bit, then it won’t leak everywhere.
6. My Dove Invisible Dry deodorant – this doesn’t leave any marks on black or white clothing, plus it keeps me smelling lovely for the entire day.
7. My Gillette Venus Embrace razor – because smooth legs.
8. Cettua spot patches – these teensy little clear dots are full of salicylic acid and tea tree oil. When I spot does decide to make an appearance, I pop one of these on it at night. It usually shrinks to at least half it’s size by morning.
1 + 2. My day and night creams: – Neutrogena Visably Even day cream with SPF30 meant that I didn’t have to also pack a sunscreen for my face, and the Bioderma Sensibio Rich will calm and nourish my skin at night, and it therefore won’t even have a chance to get irritated.
3. Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix exfoliating pads – I use one of these almost every single night, and they help to even out my skin and hydrate it.
4. Avene Eau Thermale thermal water spray – another godsend when it comes to calming sensitive skin.
5. Lipidol Cleansing Face Oil – this face cleansing works like a bomb, and the bottle is a nifty size for travel.
6. Garnier Micellar Facial Wipes – I use these to take my make up off when I travel, as they’re easier than taking along my bottle of micellar water. I then go in and cleanse my skin.
7. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate – I used this teensy little dropper bottle I got with a Skoon sample pack, and refilled it with my current facial oil. There is more than enough product in there for at least a week, and it’s TINY.
8. Lush Ocean Salt scrub – for if I really need to give my skin a decent exfoliation while I’m away.
9. Skoon Moisture Now serum Skin Sips – a deeply hydrating serum, this gel helps draw water into your skin. My skin gets so dehydrated in a different environment, and that’s why it gets so irritated. This is my solution.
11. L’Oreal Revitalift eye cream – I’ve only recently started using this eye cream, and I prefer it to the Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment already!
1. GHD heat protectant spray for curls – I’ve started getting more into curling my hair and creating soft waves lately, and this stuff is amazing for it.
2. John Frieda Sheer Blonde Brightening hair oil with added heat protectant – to smooth and protect my hair.
3. Batiste dry shampoo.
4. Goldwell Dual Sense shampoo for Blonde and Highlights, decanted into a travel bottle.
5. Goldwell Dual Senses detangling conditioner for Colour Treated hair, decanted into a travel bottle.
6. Palmer’s Coconut Oil Protein Pack hair mask, decanted into a travel tub.
7. Johnson’s Baby Shampoo, decanted into a travel bottle, for washing my Beauty Blender after each use.
8. Tangle Teezer hair brush.
1. Essence Make me Brow eyebrow gel.
2. Benefit They’re Real mascara sample.
3. Colourpop Super Shock eyeshadow in Kathleen Lights.
4. MAC Paintpot in Groundwork.
5 + 6. Essence waterproof gel liners in brown and black.
7. L’Oreal Superliner liquid liner pen.
8. Make Up Revolution eyeshadow palette.
1. Sorbet BB cream in Light.
2. Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in Sand.
3. Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transparent.
4. Catrice Sun Glow matte bronzer.
5. Essence Happy Girls contour set. (LOVE THIS!)
6. Maybelline Instant Anti Age Eye Eraser concealer.
7. Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Gorgeous Berries.
1. MAC lipliner in Sub Culture.
2. Essence pink lipliner.
3 + 4. Elf Matte Lip colours in Nearly Nude and Praline.
5. LA Girl Matte Flat Velvet lipstick in Runway.
6. Nyx Matte lipstick in Tea Rose.
7. Nyx Butter Gloss in Eclair.
1. Travel size Benefit Porefessional primer.
2. L’Oreal Infallible make up fixing spray.
3. Essence All about Matt blotting papers.
I know this seems like one HECK of a lot (and it is), but this all fits into one toiletry bag, and easily into my suitcase. I just wanted to be prepared, after how the weather affected my skin on my last Cape Town trip.
Is anyone else travelling anywhere exciting in the coming months?